FoSS (Friends of Shellingford School) is a team of parents and staff who work together to organise a variety of events that everyone can enjoy, with the goal of raising funds for projects that will enrich our children’s learning experience. Any parent can join the FoSS Committee, but there are three named roles that must be passed on each year: Chair, Secretary and Treasurer. Committee members are asked to attend around 6 meetings each year to discuss future events and fund-raising targets. You can also take on responsibility for something specific, such as the FoSS Newsletter or Children’s Film Nights. For those unable to commit to attending meetings, there is a group of parents who choose to be ‘FoSS Helpers’ who help out when they can. All Shellingford School parents are invited to support FoSS events with their families.
Current FoSS Committee
|Linsey Legge||Theo, Class 3 and Evelyn, Class 2||Chair|
|Gabrielle Mann||Henry, Class 2 and Catherine, Class 1||Secretary|
|Martien Henshall||Toby, Class 2 and Evie, Class 1||Treasurer|
|Natalie Cocks||Freddie and Georgia, Class 2 and Ella, Class 1|
|Jody King||Annabel, Class 3 and Sebastian (Seb), Class 2|
|Dawn Smith||School caretaker & lunchtime supervisor|
FoSS regularly funds coach travel to allow the children to enjoy experiences outside of school. In 2017/18 FoSS funded £1,910 of coach travel enabling children to go to the Watermill Theatre in Newbury, We The Curious in Bristol and the Baylab Science Workshops at Bayer in Reading. FoSS also fund all swimming coaches for Class 4 to Faringdon Leisure Centre in the Autumn Term – something that every child will benefit from as they reach Class 4.
- Seven new laptops for all classes
- Science Workshops for Class 1 and 2
- Science Trips for Class 3 and 4
- The Life Education Bus
- Playground Markings
- Library furniture
- Den-building equipment
- 20 iPads for use by all the children
- school pond & pond-dipping equipment
- new staging
- coaches for swimming & theatre trips
- leavers’ gift vouchers
- School Water Bottles are produced as a fund-raiser for FoSS (order through a committee member)
- Nearly New Uniform is available to purchase at most FoSS events.
- Order name labels and stickers through Easy2name, OR party gifts and arts & crafts activities through Yellow Moon, quoting our reference: ‘Friends of Shellingford School’ when you order.
- We also use Easyfundraising as an ongoing means of fund-raising through online shopping
Future Events and Fund-Raising
- the School & FoSS newsletters
- the FoSS Noticeboard outside the school office
- the FoSS Facebook group (this is a closed group for parents only)
Parents are very welcome to organise their own events and donate proceeds to FoSS just as you would any other charity. You don’t need to ask our permission to organise an event yourself, but we would appreciate you making it clear that it is not being organised by FoSS – thank you!
- Linsey Legge (FoSS Chair) or mention your interest to Miss Terrell.