FoSS (Friends of Shellingford School) is a team of parents and staff who work together to organise a variety of events that everyone can enjoy, with the goal of raising funds for projects that will enrich our children’s learning experience. Any parent can join the FoSS Committee, but there are three named roles that must be passed on each year: Chair, Secretary and Treasurer. Committee members are asked to attend around 6 meetings each year to discuss future events and fund-raising targets. You can also take on responsibility for something specific, such as the FoSS Newsletter or the Children’s Film Club. For those unable to commit to attending meetings, there is a group of parents who choose to be ‘FoSS Helpers’ who help out when they can. All Shellingford School parents are invited to support FoSS events with their families.
Current FoSS Committee
|Jess Cordy||Vice Chair|
|Jayne Hoyland||Marketing & Communications|
|Gabrielle Mann||Committee Member|
|Rob Dorey||Committee Member|
|Clare Barclay||Committee Member|
|Kate Bevan||Committee Member|
We also have a team of regular parent helpers who assist us with specific projects such as organising the FoSS Ball, creating our famous Shellingford Wood Trails and setting up our Hamper Raffles and Auctions.
If you would like to get involved or help us in anyway, please do come and speak to us at school anytime, drop Natalie Cocks (FoSS Chair) an e-mail, speak to anyone on the Committee or contact Miss Terrell via the School office.
FoSS regularly funds coach travel to allow the children to enjoy experiences outside of school. FoSS also fund all swimming coaches for Class 4 to Faringdon Leisure Centre in the Autumn Term – something that every child will benefit from as they reach Class 4.
- New Outdoor Classroom
- Seven new laptops for all classes
- Science Workshops for Class 1 and 2
- Science Trips for Class 3 and 4
- The Life Education Bus
- Playground Markings
- Library furniture
- Den-building equipment
- 20 iPads for use by all the children
- school pond & pond-dipping equipment
- new staging
- coaches for swimming & theatre trips
- leavers’ gift vouchers
- Class 1 welcome Teddies
- School Water Bottles are produced as a fund-raiser for FoSS:
Order Water Bottles
- Nearly New Uniform is available to purchase at most FoSS events.
- Order name labels and stickers through Easy2name, OR party gifts and arts & crafts activities through Yellow Moon, quoting our reference: ‘Friends of Shellingford School’ when you order.
- We also use Easyfundraising as an ongoing means of fund-raising through online shopping
Future Events and Fund-Raising
Keep up to date with events and fund-raising information by checking out:
- Download the FoSS Calendar of Events Apr - Jul
- the FoSS Noticeboard outside the school office
- the FOSS Facebook page
Parents are very welcome to organise their own events and donate proceeds to FoSS just as you would any other charity. You don’t need to ask our permission to organise an event yourself, but we would appreciate you making it clear that it is not being organised by FoSS – thank you!
If you would like to be involved in FoSS, in any way, however small, please contact: